Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Happy Easter!

Hi all,
 
I hope everyone had a terrific Easter sabbath! I had the opportunity to sing in church with one of the elders and my companion accompanying us. It was such an awesome experience. I felt the Spirit testiying so strongly through us. We sang "I know that my Redeemer lives" in Spanish, a version that you can find on the Especially for Youth CDs. Some of the members came up to us later and said that we had made them cry :) It was so good to be able to share our testimonies through song.
 
Funny/tragic story for the week....We were driving along to an appointment and the entire way we had this group of kids on bikes along side us. Well at one corner we stopped at the red light and one of the kids decided not to stop. You can imagine what happened next. A car pulled out in front of him and he ploughed right into the car. He rolled over the hood and flew to the pavement in front of her. He promptly hopped back up, took his bike to the side walk, and rode away. The woman driving the car was stunned and visibly angry. The kid left quite a large dent in her car. He did nothing about it and the other kids just left with him. My companion and I were also stunned by what happened.
Moral of the story: When riding your bikes watch out for moving vehicles and don't run red lights :)
 
This week I have had the opportunity to learn and feel a little more of the love that Heavenly Father has for all of his children. Early on in the week we met the teen-age daughter of one of our investigators. We had heard a lot about her and everything that is going on in her life. When you hear a lot about someone generally you build an image in your head of what you would expect them to be like, etc. She has gotten herself into a lot of bad situations that have resulted in her getting pregnant. We met her and it was not at all like I was expecting. But what was so amazing about that experience was that I felt so strongly the love that God has for her. Yes, she has made some huge mistakes but He still loves her and wants her to come back to the arms of his love. She is a great example to me of how you can never get too far from the love of God.

Well I'm short on time. I love you all. I know that Christ lives! He loves you.
 
Til next week :)
Hermana Hansen

No comments: