Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Ad campaign

Hello all,

So I told dad that I would tell you all this week about this new ad campaign that my companion and I are doing in one of our apartment windows. We decided that we would start writing up the Articles of Faith in Spanish and posting them on the window along with some pictures of Christ and the mormon. org website. We decided that this would be a different way of doing missionary work that would reach out to other people. We weren't sure for a little while if anyone actually reads it but this week we actually saw 3 people stopping to read it. That was awesome!! And you never know maybe they actually went and visited mormon.org because they were struck by what the 3rd article of faith says.... "We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel."

Here are some descriptions of the pictures.

One is of the mormon.org campaign in our window. I won't get to see it through all the way to the end because I'll probably be transferred but every week it has been really fun putting up new ones. The picture is from week one.
Another is from our sister missionary get together the Monday before Easter. It's of Sister Robb and I. She is one of the English sisters in the zone. We were the only ones to do polka dot eggs. It was really fun getting to spend some time with the other sisters.

Another is of my district. From left to right we have...Elder Reed, Elder Alvarado, Me, Hermana Williams, Elder Ruano, and Elder White. I love my district, they are all really awesome missionaries. I'll be sad to leave them when I get transferred (there is a high probability that this will happen in a couple of weeks).

The last one is of me and my companion with "C G". She is one of the Young Women in the ward and we've been working a lot with her family and some investigators that live at her house. She is an amazing girl.
We had the interesting experience of getting our apartment door knocked by an older gentleman out sharing a message of Christ for his church. I don't think he was expecting to find 2 Mormon missionaries :) It was really interesting to talk to him but we came away just feeling sad because we did our missionary thing and tried to invite him to pray about our message of a living prophet and modern revelation and he wouldn't do it. He negated the idea that there could be a true prophet and then also negated that many of the prophets in the bible were even prophets (like he said that Adam wasn't a prophet). I don't think he realized what he was saying to us. I'm grateful that I know without a doubt that God has always worked through prophets. Like the scriptures say He is "the same yesterday, today, and forever" If He called prophets before, He would do so again. And I love that as missionaries we don't ask people to take our word for it but we invite everyone to read the words of the prophets and then to pray to find out for themselves. It seems like such a simple process but I know that it is hard because when people pray to know that Joseph Smith was prophet and Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet and they receive an answer it means that they have to do something about it/change their way of thinking. And change is always hard....But isn't it worth it???

I'm grateful for all of your support and prayers. I love you and pray for you!!!

Hermana Hansen

No comments: