Saturday, April 25, 2009

Transplanting

This was in front of some chrysanthemums and is now in another flower bed. Why? Because our holly bush decided to start growing back after I thought I had gotten rid of it a couple of years ago. So now we have to move all the plants out of the way. The Mums are going over by the fence line with the newly transplanted Iris and Lavendar. I cann't wait to see how silly the peony bush looks flowering through the holly!!! Speaking of peonies. I transplanted a few from the grass over to the fence line about 3 years ago and finally they look like they might actually flower. Whoopee !!!!

And wonders of wonders, miracles of miracles, our baby redbud tree has come back from the dead. I have a temporary cage round it till we create something a bit more permenant. That thing is going into "protective custody" till it's more mature. It started out as a tiny "twiggie" thing and has been mowed, chewed and generally mistreated (not by me I might add). It still looks like a tiny "twiggie" thing but one of these years .......

Our peach tree is now less a few twigs and smaller branches. There are peach buds growing. Not nearly as many as last year but hopefully enough for us to experiment with a few recipes for us and our neighbors.

1 comment:

Micki said...

I enjoyed all of the pics! Spring does not want to show its face here, so I enjoyed sharing it with you.
Micki