Monday, April 6, 2009

Start from where you are at.

I like this sentiment. I may do a cross stitch with it and hang it in our kitchen :)

The first weekend in April is General Conference for members of our church and this phrase was mentioned in one of the talks. Made me feel a whole lot better because I feel like I have been in a spiritual slump for a while now. So instead of "beating myself about with a wet noodle" regarding where me and my family are not, I'm going to actively encourage us all to look at where we are at and move forward from there.

I'm finding that the older I get the more I appreciate General Conference and the messages that are given. Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday is, and should be, a significant time of remembrance for all Christians. May we each remember Him well and honor who He was and is.

I'm looking forward to being able to read all the talks later this week at www.lds.org and discussing them with my family for the next few weeks.


No comments: