Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to cook an egg

http://startcooking.com with Kathy Maister.

I got a phone call this evening. Juliet wanting to know if 10 minutes was long enough to cook for hard boiled eggs. It is ......... but then I got to thinking :)

So while we were watching one of those "crime lab" series  I googled. Who knew there were so many sites devoted to how to cook an egg. Even the New York Times ran an article.

Which is where startcooking.com comes into play, literally - a little time lapse video showing how to cook an egg. Got to love it :)

By the way KM's "apple snack attack" time lapse is a hoot !!!

My girls can cook and do it quite well but have found that cooking for one or two is a whole different ball game to helping mom with six. We talked at Christmas about putting together a family cook book for meals for two people so maybe we should tackle it this summer.




1 comment:

Micki said...

Oh, yes you can prepare an egg tons of ways...my favorite is a poached egg, and when we go out to breakfast, I will order it with lovely toast.
Micki