Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Power of the Priesthood


Hello all,
 
We had a really interesting experience this week with one of our investigators. For the sake of confidentiality I won't share much of the story but I will share what I learned from the experience. I know that each of us has within us a strong spirit that comes from a divine Heavenly Father. Unfortunately, we don't always recognize it, may it be because of the circumstances that we are born into or the decisions that we make in our lives. We're all special but every once and a while you meet someone that you know must have been an elite spirit in the pre-earth life. I have found this to be true with this particular investigator. Her life has not been easy and this past week was no expection. Every time we had an appointment scheduled it would get cancelled. And we didn't get to see her until Sunday. When we finally got to meet with her it was an experience I'll never forget. As she opened up to us about her struggles it was overwhelming the sense that God loves her so much. He knows her and her trials so perfectly. And we testified to her that in our darkest moments it is when we need to turn to Christ the most. And then we talked with her about the power of priesthood blessings. No matter who we are, member or nonmember, the power of God has been restored on earth and we have the capacity to receive blessings directly from the Lord through his servants. And I was able to share with her a powerful experience I had during my mission of receiving a priesthood blessing. It was exactly what she needed to hear. And two hours later the elders were in her home giving her a priesthood blessing of comfort and healing. You could feel the Holy Ghost in the room. And the elders didn't know the details of what was going on but the things that they said in that blessing were evidence to me that the spirit inspires worthy men to know what to say. It was amazing!!
 
God knows his children. He knows our needs. He knows our weaknesses. He knows how to succor us. I know that the power of the priesthood is real. I know that priesthood blessings work. They can uplift us when we most need us. They can even save someone from the edge of death. They have power if we have the faith. So we should never hesitate to ask for one.
 
So many other amazing things happened this week but for lack of time I can only share the best.
 
I know that God lives and I LOVE being a missionary.
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: