Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - The Missionary Work is Swiftly Increasing ....


Life has been really amazing. There really is no greater time to be a missionary. And God has been granting us so many miracles.
 
First, I thought you might enjoy some pictures of the fun things that we've been up to recently. One is of Hna Whetten and I making smores over our gas stove :) And the other two are from a hike that we took just this morning. All of us Hermanas decided to strike a yoga pose on an awesome rock formation, it was super fun. You might be able to tell that I'm not skilled at yoga [but if Hna Whetten has anything to say about it, I will be :)]. We do a lot of amazing things with teaching others about the gospel of Jesus Christ but we do enjoy ourselves with other things too. (We will add the photos into this posting later)
 
So some cool experiences for the week...
 
Friday we were getting ready to leave the car to go contact a potential investigator when who should walk across the street but a boy named M...... He goes to church every week but for some reason he's not baptised. When I saw him I about jumped for joy but was slightly limited by being in the car. And I'll tell you why I was so excited... When Hna Fish and I were together we tried many times to visit with him and his mom but every time the lesson would get cancelled. In the three months that we were together, I never had the opportunity to talk with him apart from seeing him at church on Sundays and Wednesdays. Not even once were we successful. So when I saw him in my mind I was like, "This is it!" We didn't even pray, we just booked it after him. We knocked his door and asked if we could visit him. He said yes and we had a great conversation outside on the stairs. It was such an awesome lesson. He has a great testimony of everything. So we asked him if he would be baptised and he said "Yes"!! It was truly one of those experiences where we were able to teach some one who is literally ready to be baptised the next day. I didn't ever imagine that that would happen on my mission.
 
And in BIG news. I've talked before about the Y.... family and their son E..... Well on Sunday we were finally able to meet with the mom and it was such an amazing lesson. We went in with the plan to teach the restoration really focusing on authority and how we have the priesthood. And during that lesson we saw just how much the experiences she's been having with E..... have prepared her to accept the Gospel in her life. When we talked to her about how Jesus Christ gave his authority to the apostles by the laying on of hands it was like a light bulb went off in her head. And she said, "That's how you do it. That makes so much sense now." And it was like that the whole lesson. She really understood everything so well. And she wants to read the Book of Mormon without us even having to ask her. She wants to know the truth so badly in her life and now she knows how to do it. And she wants to be baptised in December!!!! Wooohhhh!!!
 
Well, I'm again out of time. I LOVE being a missionary!
 
I hope you have a terrific week.
 
Con amor,
 
Hermana Hansen 

No comments: