Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - The Temperatures keep rising ......


Hi all,
 
I think today was the hottest day of the summer. Our car at one point read 126 degrees. And of course it would be the day that we move apartments. The poor elders had to haul so much big furniture from one apartment to the other. But we really are so appreciative for all their efforts because now we actually live in our area and can hopefully help more people because we don't have to commute so much.
 
If I recall correctly, last week I told you about a lady named D.......  who came up to us after church and asked us what the process was to be baptised. Well we met with her and her mom after church and it turns out that she was actually baptised when she was 8 years old. The reason we thought she hadn't was because she had been told that her baptism didn't count because she had stopped going to church so long ago. And so she just wanted to know how she could be rebaptised. Well after talking with her again, we're now going to try to hunt down her records and hopefully avoid the rebaptism situation.
 
S........ came to the Relief Society General Broadcast on Saturday and to church. It was so great. And she's been reading a little bit of the Book of Mormon every day. She's in chapter 8 of 1 Nephi. It's really amazing to see how her life is changing. I'm really so excited for her.
 
Well, sorry for the short letter this week. I'm kind of out of time. Just know that everything is going really well.
 
But one last thing...during a personal study last week I was reading over my notes from the MTC and one of the questions we got asked was why are we happy as missionaries??
 
So this is a little bit of what I wrote in my journal...
Why I'm happy as a missionary:
1) I get to help others come unto Christ every day
2) Seeing hearts change is SOOO amazing
3) I get to study the scriptures and really come to know them
4) I get to feel God's love for everyone around me, basically from when I first meet them
5) I get to meet so many amazing people with such interesting stories
6) I get to become the person that God wants me to be
 
I hope you all have a terrific week
 
Con amor,
Hermana Hansen

No comments: