Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Come Listen to a Prophets Voice


What a week it has been. As always General Conference is such an amazing experience. I loved how the overall theme worked out to be, Are we truly converted? Are we committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I loved so many of the talks and learned so much. One of the talks that I enjoyed was Elder Nelson's. It was the message of the restoration in it's purest form and it was a call to many to seek out the missionaries to answer many questions. If you didn't get the chance to see it, here's the link http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/10?lang=eng&vid=1882747991001&cid=10
We all have questions about life, God's plan for us, etc. So like Elder Nelson said, "Ask the missionaries, they can help you!"
But of all the talks I think my favorite was by far President Uchtdorf's. Again here's the link, http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/10?lang=eng&vid=1882749069001&cid=12
I love that he taught us how to live our life so that we don't have any regrets. This talk applies to life as a whole but I really love how it applies to specific experiences like serving a mission. So I'm going to do my best to apply the things that he said by 1) being my best self and spending meaningful time with those around me (i.e. companions, investigators, members), 2) completely immersing myself in the work, and 3) being happy regardless of the circumstances. I know that as I apply these things I will come home from my mission without regrets and I'll know that I've served to the best of my ability.
What were some of your favorite parts about conference? Anything that struck you and that you want to improve on in your life?
 
One of our investigators, H........, has been in Mexico for the last 2 weeks. And originally she had told us that she would be back the 14th of the month. Well, we were concerned because we didn't know if she would be able to make her baptismal date because of the trip. And while she was gone we decided that we would try to visit with her daughter and see if we could teach her. Well, this past Saturday we went to the house to see if we could visit with the daughter but lo and behold who should we see but H........ Just returned from Mexico as of 3 hours earlier. We couldn't have been more thrilled. And so we visited with her for a little bit. We watched the Restoration DVD with her and she just is so awed by the first vision. She told us that she knows it's true and she's still wanting to be baptised at the end of the month. At the end of the lesson she put her hands to her heart and said, "I feel my faith growing."
 
Another investigator, S......., continues to be so amazing. She is super excited to be getting baptised this coming Sunday. We reviewed with her the plan of salvation yesterday and she really understands it so well. We asked her at the end of the lesson what it means to her to know that God has this plan for her and she said, "Well, it means that I need to follow this plan because I know what will happen if I don't." She is so terrific and it's been such an amazing process to see how her life has been changing. One of the things that she told us was that over the course of meeting with us she has come to know just how much her life has value.
 
I love life. And I'm so excited for the new announcement that boys can leave at 18 and girls can leave at 19. I'm so excited to see what it does for missionary work all over the world.
 
I love all of you. And I know that God knows you each individually and is aware of your needs.
 
Have a terrific week,
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: