Friday, February 3, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Transfer 2 is coming to a close !!!

So earlier this morning I was talking to my companion and I was like I have no idea what I'm going to write in my email home. And then we got to talking and we have had good experiences this week. Sometimes it's a little hard to remember them because everyday we knock and we knock and we knock and knock some more. So by the end of this week it felt like that's all we did.
 
Tuesday we had a really great sisters training given by Sister Martin. She talked a lot about the parable of the 10 virgins and how we need to be prepared like the 5 wise virgins. It was a really great training. At the end of the training President and Sister Martin talked a little bit about how they met and their engagement story. They are such a funny couple. Basically they met at BYU and President likes to say that she just flew into his arms. She was running away from a guy who was going to throw her into a pool and she ran into President's apartment saying "SAVE ME!" while locking the door behind her. Then for their first date he had asked her out for a Saturday to his mission reunion and he couldn't wait to go out with her and so he called her up and asked her out for Thursday as well. She was like "What if we don't like each other after Thursday? Am I going to have to suffer through a date on Saturday too if the one on Thursday doesn't go well???" Well the date went well, obviously. Their engagement story is funny because President completely botched it. Instead of saying will you marry me he said something like Gemmie what am I going to do with you? And the conversation continued something like this "well I don't know what are you going to do?" "I think I'll throw you to the dogs..." huh is that what he thinks of me!?! "...no I think I'll keep you." "For how long?" "Forever." And that's how they left it. And she didn't say yes or anything for 2 days. And when she did it was in a note that she sent to his apartment through her roommate. And he took so long getting to her place after she sent the note that she thought he had changed his mind. Well he didn't change his mind and obviously they have lived happily ever after. It was so cute to hear their story and it was so easy to see how much they love each other. And you're probably like what does this have to do with a sisters training. Well one of the things they talked about was marriage after the mission and one of the sisters asked how they knew they had found the one. And it launched into their story.
 
I don't know if I've ever told you all about this family we are teaching. I may have mentioned them when we found them back in November. So this family, is seriously like my ray of sunshine in our investigator pool. We found out two lessons ago that they weren't married and so we knew that our next lesson would have to be the Law of Chastity. Well the next lesson he wasn't home so we had to do a different lesson but finally this last week we were able to teach them together. I wasn't sure how it was going to go but it turned out to be the most comfortable, spirit led lesson about the law of Chastity ever. We asked if they had ever considered getting married and they were like we would have gotten married a long time ago if it weren't for some things that need to get sorted out. So they've basically been living like a married couple for years hoping that one day the problems will work out and they can finally get married. When (........)  heard that they couldn't get baptised until they got married you could tell that she was disappointed. And it's not like they could take the other option and live separately because they have a lot of kids to take care of. But I know that eventually they will be able to get married and then ultimately get baptised. They have such a desire to learn and do everything to help their family be more united. We asked (.......)  at the end of the lesson if he had prayed to know if these things were true and he said yes but that he hadn't received his answer but he's seen signs that maybe it's true. And one of those signs was the Law of Chastity!!! I love that family so much and I come away from evey lesson feeling so happy and uplifted.
 
Anyway, I don't have much time left. It's a lot of hard work right now and sometimes it can be discouraging when you knock doors for 2 hours and you don't find anyone. But then when we do find someone it's such a sweeter experience. And guess who we met this week knocking doors...Christopher Columbus :) He still exists...hahahaha.
 
Love you all.
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: