Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - I Love Life

Hello all,
 
So my first week with my new companion has been awesome. Granted we are working really hard to mesh our teaching styles because we are both very strong personalities but we both really want to make it work and we've seen much success because of how hard we are working together. We are currently in a massive overhaul of our area books because we really want our area to be more organized. So we have lists and lists of people that we are trying to contact so we can update teaching records. Every day is something different and I love that we are now doing knocking with a purpose. Instead of knocking a whole building we knock one apartment with the purpose of trying to find someone that had contact with the missionaries before. We've had a lot more success finding potential investigators that way. And we randomly knocked into the English elders that way too :)
I really feel like the area is coming back to life and that we are going to be seeing a lot more success.
 
Speaking of success....we are going to have a baptism in 2 weeks if everything goes according to plan. We are so excited!! His name is (......)  and we had been thinking that he was going to get baptised in March but then yesterday we talked to his mom and she was like "all of our family is coming down the weekend of the 25th of February could we do the baptism then?" Well if the bishop says yes and (.....) passes his interview and goes to church this weekend then Saturday the 25th he will be baptised. I can't wait!!
Also, this weekend Hermana Williams and I are going to go down to the valley to see one of her old investigators get baptised. I'm really excited about that because it will be the first baptism I'll have attended on my mission.
 
This week we had the really awesome experience of setting a baptismal date with our investigator (........) I've mentioned her before. We set a date for March 18th. We really feel that because she has the date the Lord sees that she has faith in him and will make it possible for her to get baptised on that day. She and (......)  need to get married but we promised her that because of her faith the Lord would bless her to be able to get married. So today we are meeting with her and the family and hopefully we can commit (him) to be baptised that day too and talk a little more about how to get the ball rolling with their wedding.
 
We also have some amazing member referrals that we are going to meet with this week. One of them happens to live in the same home as the members so we're really excited to get to teach them. And they both already came to church this week before we had taught them the first lesson. I just love the power that member support of investigators has.
 
To end this email I would just like to share this funny quote from a member, that really has nothing to do with missionary work.
 
"This is so greasy it looks like lipgloss on my fingers!"
 
I love you all and I hope everyone has a terrific week.
 
Con amor,
 
Hermana Juliet Hansen 

No comments: