Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - I'm getting a new companion

(This e-mail was received on Monday. Please excuse the delay in posting it here.)


Hello all,
 
Well today is transfer day. And most of the Spanish sisters are going to descend upon my apartment to do a massive companion switch at around 2 pm. Hermana White is headed to San Fernando and I'll be staying here in Santa Clarita. My new companion is going to be Hermana Williams. I'm excited to have her as a companion. I've met her a couple of times and I know that we'll get along really well. What's funny is that Hermana White and Hermana Williams were actually companions before, in the MTC and for one transfer in the field. I'm excited to see what I learn from her.
 
So funny story...earlier this past week we tried to go visit one of our investigators R........ Well she ended up not being at home. Near her house is a road sign that happens to have the same name as Hermana White's brother ....... Well after we found out that R..... wasn't home Hermana White asked if we could go take a picture of the sign. So we parked the car using the head lights to give us as much light as possible (it was night time). We were trying to get a picture to work when this lady comes out of her house in her bathrobe asking us what we were doing. So we told her we were taking a picture to send to Hna White's brother. She was super suspicious of us. Well I try to take another picture of Hna White standing under the sign and the woman says, "But why does she have to be tied up?"......huh?....."Ma'am she's not tied up!" And she starts asking us other questions like do we live around her, etc. Well the picture wasn't turning out so I'm like Hna White let's just go. We laughed so hard in the car. I don't know what she thought we were doing but how suspicious she was really amazes me.
 
Also this week I found the scripture that really describes my time in Santa Clarita. It's D&C 64:33, "be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." We haven't been having a ton of success lately especially with finding new investigators and getting our current investigators to keep commitments but after I read that scripture I knew that every effort that we are making is worth it. It may not feel like we are successful especially numbers wise but everything we do is for a purpose and we are just planting seeds and laying foundations. Those things need to be done first before we can see success/great things. So I will continue knocking doors, working with less actives, asking for referrals, etc and hopefully everything that I'll have done in this area will help future missionaries have more success. And each small step that we take in the work will ultimately lead to something great.
 

Take care,
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: