Friday, January 27, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Update

Hello all,
 
This week was a great week. The Lord really provided for us and for the first time in a few weeks we were able to achieve almost all of the goals that we had set at the beginning of the week.
 
So this week a few great things happened.
 
First, I finished the Book of Mormon in English!!!! You know how I told you that one of my goals this year was to read the Book of Mormon in both English and Spanish. Well I accomplished half of that goal already. I started in September when I entered the MTC and I finished January 18th. And I really wanted to take Moroni's promise again so that I could say to my investigators that I have done what they need to do and that I know that I've received my witness. Well the morning I finished I just got on my knees by the couch and I prayed to have that confirming witness that the Book of Mormon is true. It was such a great experience to have because it was like I just felt this overwhelming feeling of love for the Book of Mormon. I felt so much gratitude to have it in my life. And for me that was my reaffirmation that the Book of Mormon is true. And I shared that experience with some of our investigators that same night and I really feel like it helped them know that they will get an answer to their prayer. I've always known that the Book of Mormon is true, I've never doubted that. And know I have this experience that really solidifies my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true.
 
Second, We got two more investigators to commit to baptism. One is a 14 year old boy whose mom and grandparents are members. He was never baptised but his older brother was. Well in December his little sister was blessed and he started to wonder why he was never taught those things. So he went up to his mom and asked what he needed to do to be baptised. We met with him on Friday and we talked about the Book of Mormon and coming to know for himself that all of these things are true. He just seems so excited to learn everything. And if everything goes well with talking to his grandpa, going to church, and praying about the date, he is going to get baptised the 5th of February. 
The other is a man named (.......). He was an investigator a couple of times in the past but he never really progressed because it was next to impossible to find him. Well it's still pretty hard to find him but when we have it's been a miracle. He has such an amazing spirit about him. He has a deep desire to really know for himself if these things are true. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and he already likes what he is reading. I'm so excited for him to continue to progress. Hopefully this week he will pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true and be able to attend church. And if everything goes well for him, he will be baptised February 26th.
 
There were so many other good things that happened but I'm lacking in time to share all those stories. Just know that we are working hard and enjoying ourselves at the same time. Imagine a fashion show at a Relief Society activity of a whole bunch of different hats representing things about Visiting Teaching. Then imagine one of the sisters wearing a huge hat that looked like a rooster and another sister wearing a hat that looked like a beehive. (I wore a leprechaun hat). It was super fun(ny)!
 
Love you all!!
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: