Friday, January 20, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Exchanges!!

My companion and I are in the process of rebuilding our investigator pool. This means that we do a lot of knocking doors and contacting people. Some days it is really hard but I know that soon the Lord will reward us for our labors. We just have to keep working hard and praying every day to be led by the spirit.
 
So the best experience of this week happened during exchanges on Thursday. So last week I told you that we have a baptismal date with our investigator (......). Well that is really tentative and that experience was not nearly as cool as the one on Thursday. 
So thursday I was up in Palmdale with Hermana Stander. One of the lessons that we had was with a girl named (......). She is (..) years old and she lives with her grandparents, her aunt, and like 14 cousins. Her grandparents and aunt are actually members but have not gone to church in about 8 years. Ever since (.......) met the missionaries about 4 weeks ago she had been taking the lessons and going to church all by herself. On Thursday we watched the movie "The Restoration" with her and talked a little bit about the Young Womens program because she went for the first time on Wednesday. After our little discussion we talked about how to be a member we have to be baptised. So we asked her if she would be baptised on the 12th of February. And she said YES!! And she was so excited! It was like she could hardly contain her smile. And I was so excited for her. 
She's not my investigator but it was so exciting to see for the first time someone who is so excited to get baptised and be a member of the church. AND miracle of miracles because of her example her aunt and several of her cousins went to church on Sunday. And now 4 of her cousins are taking the discussons. It's so awesome!
 
And we also had one of our families come to church on Sunday. They missed Sacrament meeting but eventhough they were late they still came for Sunday School and Relief Society. That was so exciting when we saw them there.
 
Anyway, that's about all the time I have for today. But I want to share this scripture with you... Alma 36:26. I love this scripture. Next to it I have written "how to be an effective missionary...have you tasted, seen, and known?" So something to think about is how have you tasted, seen, and known that the gospel is true? And how have you shared that knowledge with others? It's really cool that the scriptures compare gaining a testimony/spiritual experiences to the senses.
 
I hope you enjoy that scripture.
 
I love you all and know that I pray for you always.
 
Till next week,
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: