Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hermana Juliet Hansen - revisiting the past

(This is Juliet's e-mail from 3/11)
Hi all,

Another week has flown by and it's incredibly hard to believe how fast
it has gone.

This week we had the opportunity to do a couple more exchanges and I
got to go back to Reseda for a day. That area is so dear to my heart
and it was amazing to see the progress that has been made over these
last few transfers. My experience there taught me a little bit more
about how the Lord knows exactly when and where a missionary needs to
be during their mission. I had the opportunity to visit with people
that day that we had been looking for when I was there and never had
success finding. One was a less active lady that every time we would
go over and knock her door no one would ever answer and know the
Hermanas are visiting with her every week. The other family was
someone that we found my last day in the area. The mom at the time
said that she didn't ever want to change religions but now she is
going every week to church and knows that it's true. I wasn't meant to
teach them but these current hermanas were and the Lord knew that.

Our investigators R...... and V...... that have their baptism set for the
24th are still so amazing. I have never had someone pay their tithing
before they got baptised and they did it. They are struggling
financially right now but they have so much faith that if they keep
the commandments the Lord will bless them for it. So they chose to go
ahead and start paying their tithing. That was such a mark of how
converted they are to the gospel and I can't wait for their baptism.

I was able to get some other big news for my last area this past week.

You might remember when I talked about finding a girl named M....... my
last weekend in the area. Well, she is officially getting baptised
this next Sunday. And what's even more great is that she had invited a
friend to listen to the missionaries as well and she too is getting
baptised this coming sunday. And the hermanas told me that when they
taught the word of wisdom to her, she said "why didn't you tell me
this sooner! I would have stopped a long time ago!" I feel so blessed
that I had the opportunity to be a small part of that huge miracle for
them.

In other big news (Hermana Williams and Hermana White should prepare
themselves). I found out that M.F. has FINALLY set a
baptismal date. I mentioned that family once or twice before but the
hermanas told me that he finally got his answer and he's getting
baptised on May 15. I know that so many prayers have been answered and
I'm so excited that he is going to be taking that step in his life.

The last thing I want to share for this week is a revelation that I
made as I was reading D&C 100: 3-6 which says,

"3 Behold, and lo, I have much people in this place, in the regions
round about; and an effectual door shall be opened in the regions
round about in this eastern land.
4 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place;
for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.
5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this
people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you
shall not be confounded before men;
6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment,
what ye shall say."

When I read that scripture this is what I wrote in my journal, " We
are priveleged to be in the areas where we are assigned. The souls
here are precious to the Lord and he permits us (imperfect, 18-29 year
olds) to enter these areas and bring salvation to them. We should feel
special every time we get called to a new area no matter where it is.
You could even say that finishing our missions is like the Lord's
ultimate reassignment. It's likfe her's saying, "I've taught you how
to share the gospel for 1 and 1/2 to 2 years. Now go and show me what
you've learned." The work is not done when we go home but we are asked
to still be missionaries and bring soulds to Christ. We are priveleged
to do so.

I love you all and pray for you.

Hermana Hansen

No comments: