Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Happily going about the Lord's work...

(This is the letter from a couple of weeks ago - 25 February.)

Good morning,

It's a pleasant sunny day here in Burbank, California. That's right I
have been officially transferred to cover the Burbank area of the
North Hollywood 4th ward. It's a great place to be and I'll be doing
it with my companion Hermana Zepeda!! I'm super excited and happy to
be here. And we have another set of hermanas to be with us in our
ward. Hermana Arguello and Hermana Sanders are opening up a new bike
hermanas area.

As part of being with Hermana Zepeda we are in charge of doing
exchanges with all of the hermanas in the mission. I'm really looking
forward to getting to know all of the other hermanas a little bit
better and see how we can help them in their respective areas. I get
to go to a bike area on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes...it could
be my one and only day on bike for my whole mission, what fun :)

The area here is interesting...Burbank you could say is really white
so finding Hispanics to teach really requires following the direction
of the spirit. So it will challenging, basically building from the
ground up, luckily we were left with 4 investigators when they split
the area but still a lot of work to be done. I'm optimistic though. I
know that as we work hard and are obedient the Lord will bless us and
help us find the people that are ready.

We had some interesting experiences this week.

As sister missionaries we sometimes have the blessed experience of
getting "hit on" as we go about our day. Well, that happened to me this
week. We were helping out the bike hermanas get some things that they
needed for the new area and as Hna Zepeda and I walked out of the
store I hear someone say, "Hey you want to share a sandwich? I can
start on one end and you can start on the other..." I didn't think he
was talking to me but he was... And we talked to him and he said he
was interested in learning more (gave him to the english sisters) and
then as I was backing the car he says "I hope you find your eternal
companion. Maybe he's standing right in front of you!" We'll see what
the english sister do with him....apparently lives at the last house
on some street in a big orange van....sounds a little sketch...

We had the opportunity to set baptismal dates with this great couple.
They are a little down on their luck right now, both have been out of
work for some time, but this experience has really humbled them and
prepared them to be open to the Gospel. The wife is V..... and she is
so amazing. We shared the first vision with them and when we asked how
they felt as we shared it she said that it was like a warmth in her
heart that didn't hurt but felt really good. We excitedly told her
that it was the spirit that she was feeling. And when we asked them to
be baptised on the 24th of March they said yes! They've been reading
and they came to church on Sunday for the first time. It's been so
great and the ward already loves them so much. I really look forward
to the day they'll be baptised.

I'm super happy to be a missionary right now. I love it and I know
without a doubt that I'm going to finish strong.

Love you all soooooooo much,

Hermana Hansen

No comments: