Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hermana Juliet Hansen - The final countdown has commenced

This might be Juliet's last e-mail from her mission. She returns home next week. We are so proud of her and all that she has accomplished and learned.

There are a lot of things that I could write about right now but I
feel like this week I just want to share with you my testimony knowing
that things are rapidly coming to a close.

My mission has literally changed my life. I knew going in that I would
grow a lot and have some challenges and really amazing experiences but
I don't think I really knew how much it would leave a mark on me.
There are still things I'm sure that the Lord would have me learn this
last week and so I'm preparing myself for whatever He may have in
store for me. But I can honestly say that these have been the best 18
months of my life. Of all the things that I have learned on the
mission the most precious to me has been that God literally knows who
I am, He knows my name, He knows my needs, and He'll do everything He
can so that I can be happy. I went through a trial in my last area
that I never thought I would have on my mission and the outcome of it
all has been better than I ever could have imagined.
So a huge part of my testimony is that the Lord never gives us trials
that we can't handle and He gives us them to see if we will make the
right decisions through it all. I know that God is NEVER far from us.
When we need him the most, He is there. He just wants us to seek Him
and He'll provide the comfort that we need.

I've also gained such a huge testimony of the Book of Mormon these
past months. I finished reading it for the third time last week. I
know that anyone who wants to know for themselves if Joseph Smith was
a prophet, or if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is
true, or any other multitude of things, they can! And it's through
reading the Book of Mormon. This next Sunday R..... and V..... will be
getting baptised! And through their conversion process I've seen how
big of a role the Book of Mormon has played. R..... was skeptical at
first and he said that he would be baptised if he felt it in his
heart. Well he started to read the Book of Mormon and as he did it his
desire to be baptised grew and grew. Everytime he opens the book he
has this thirst to read more. And he understands it so well. I
honestly believe that because of the Book of Mormon he is now sooooooo
excited to be baptised and sooooooo converted.

I know 100% that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
the restored church of Christ on the earth today. I'm so grateful that
I have had 18 months to declare this to everyone.

I love this Gospel so much. I'm going to live up this last week and
make it the best week of my mission and when I get home I'm not going
to stop sharing the Gospel with people I know.

I love you all and am so grateful for your support.

Con amor,

Hermana Hansen

No comments: