Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen .... Sometimes we aren't perfect

Hello all,

We had an experience this week that taught me about how we are never done learning as missionaries. It doesn't even matter if you have 3 months left or you just started you're always at a point where you're striving to become a better teacher. Well this week we met and started teaching a lady named L...... One of her biggest concerns when we sat down with her the first time was about sabbath day observance. She believes strongly that it is Saturday and so she wanted to understand why we worship on Sunday. We didn't have a good answer then so we told her that we would study it and get back to her. We went back to visit on Friday with some scriptures about how Christ set the example of worshiping on Sunday after his resurrection and the apostles continued to do so as well. What we weren't prepared for was that she also came prepared with scriptures to back up her point. Needless to say the lesson didn't go as we were expecting. As we walked out of the lesson it hit me as to what we should have done. The whole time we should have focused on the need to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, i.e. watching the restoration with her and having her pray to know etc. Because if we know that Joseph Smith was a prophet then we know that by inspiration the Lord had him restore the church in the perfect way with worship on Sunday. I really was kicking myself afterwards but I've learned my lesson and now I know what I can do in the future to help someone with that same question. We live and we learn :)

We had a really amazing lesson with our investigator J...... on Saturday. For the longest time he has never wanted to set a baptismal date but with some great help from a member he told us that he wants to be baptised in January!! It was a huge step from him and we're so excited to see his desire grow even more to come unto Christ.

We've been sharing with many people recently a Christmas message based on 3 Nephi 1: 13-21 where the Nephites saw the new star on the day that Christ was born. I just want to share my testimony with all of you that I know that Christ was born to save the world. I know also that not only did the people in Jerusalem get to see him but the people in the America's as well. I know that this is the best time of the year that we get to celebrate the birth and life of our Savior and Redeemer. I'm forever grateful for him and I'm excited to see the miracles that will happen this Christmas season.

Con amor siempre,

Hermana Hansen

No comments: