Monday, May 24, 2010

The lilies of the field

I'm slowly adding lilies to our back garden. Gorgeous flowers. We have about 4 different colors in 3 different sizes and this one is currently in full bloom.
This one we inherited with the house. Doesn't look like much at the moment but give it a few days ....... it's huge. The leaves are currently about 6 feet tall with about another 2-3 feet of growth to come. I don't really like where it is planted (beside a bush) and one year I attempted to dig up the bulb. I dug and dug and dug and eventually found a massive bulb. Then it struck me ....... I am going to have to not only try to pick axe this thing out of the ground but also find (and dig) another deep hole area to put it in. We have clay soil and not many places that it would have "fit" so it stays where it is looking lovely for a short period of time.

No comments: