Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - 6 months on the mission ........

Good grief Juliet has been gone 6 months already. The time has passed quickly. Here is part of her e-mail sent earlier this week.


....and I'm tired. Haha. Such is life as a missionary :) Tired for good reasons though.
 
This week taught me a lot about the importance of serving your companion. We had one of those experiences where the little things about each other started to bug us. We talked about it all and we've resolved those things and we're back to being good friends. But Saturday night I was sitting on the couch and I was praying "Lord I really want to love my companion. Help me know what to do so I can love her again." And immediately the idea came that I needed to serve her. I didn't have a ton of time that night to do something big but I put away the dishes and I straightened up the living room and then wrote her a note and put it on her desk. After that I felt better knowing that I had done something that would help her feel better in the morning. I know that this is something that will help me throughout the rest of my mission and the rest of my life. I know that as I try harder to serve my companion in little ways every day, our relationship will be so much stronger and we will have the Spirit with us more. So that is my new goal for the rest of my mission...What can I do every day to serve my companion?
 
Yesterday, my district ended the transfer on a high note with a baptism. One of the sets of Elders had a baptism for a 9 year old named Sebastian whose mom and sisters are all members. There was such love during that baptism and the whole ward was so supportive. It was really a testament of how our district really has been blessed this transfer. 4 baptisms!!!
I know that these blessings have come from our renewed determination to be more obedient. I've really come to have a strong testimony of the scripture Mosiah 2:41...
 
"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."
 
I know that to be true. As a missionary...in life in general...as I strictly keep the mission rules and the commandments of God I will be blessed in all things.
 
I love you all and I'm grateful for your support.
 
Con amor,
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: