Friday, August 28, 2009

To-ing and Fro-ing

Can a week be quiet but also busy? Maybe.

We've been house/dog sitting for some friends this week so we have been trotting back and forth between here and there. They get back tomorrow night and I think their darling doggie will be thrilled to see them :) Nik and I have been sleeping over which means hauling our bodies the short distance home early so he can go to seminary. Since Nik has to go on a canoe trip with scouts tomorrow Kris is going to sleep over tonight and I am turning off the alarm :)

We've also had a number of unexpected visitors during the early part of the week. I may have to change folding laundry to a different room :) Every time there was stacks of some kind in the front living room !!!!!

Kris and Nik are settling into school. Kris has had 4 schedule changes since school started, the most recent being yesterday, just in time for Open House. She is getting somewhat concerned about all the rearranging of classes but is happy with her newest schedule. Now we have to get her locker assignment relocated.

Nik was contemplating changing his art history class but decided to stay with it.

If everything stays set Kris is now taking Biology I, Ceramics, English II, Geometry, Lifetime Wellness, Linguistics II, Photography, and Spanish I. Nik is taking Algebra I Honors, Art Survey, English I Honors, Freshman Seminar, P.E., Physical Science, Spanish I, and World History Honors.

I think the school Open House went well last night. John went with Kris and I went wih Nik and we met almost all of their teachers. I think we will have a productive year. I ran into a number of parents I had not seen for a while which was nice.

I'm getting back into the swing of things with my textiles and genealogy. I may also be on the school PTSO board.

Juliet has been "mooching around" at her apartment due to her computer being in for repairs and job interviews going slower than anticipated. However the pace should pick up somewhat next week with school starting back up.

Got to go. Dinner is almost ready. It's early but we decided to eat properly rather than snack :)

4 comments:

Micki said...

Boy, you really did have a busy week and such a nice one!
Micki

Carol said...

Thanks Micki.

The week was quietly productive :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Thanks for dropping by.
I enjoyed your images taken your recent visit to the UK.
It is always interesting to see things through other's eyes.
It reminds me too, never to take things for granted.

Carol said...

Thanks professor. Good reminder.