Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kristina's gardening corner


This is the section of the back yard that Kristina will be learning how to garden in this year. Not much to look at yet but give it a couple of months and things should start to get a bit more interesting :) The stepped raised bed to the right is 3'x16'. The bed to the left is about 4' wide. I cleared a lot of plants out of it last fall which is making it look a bit spotty at the moment.
The little tree at the far end is our 6 year old peach tree that fruited for the first time last year. It's in a small 3'x3' bed of it's own. Lucy loves to try and dig under the tree so we dog proofed it. We learned last year that even though we are trying to grow ground cover under the tree the netting needs to stay in place no matter how silly it looks :)

3 comments:

Joy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your garden grow!

Someday, I hope to retire in Tennessee! Heaven on earth for me would be some acreage in the Pigeon Forge area or thereabouts...

Happy Gardening!
Joy (of clan MacLeod)

Carol said...

Thanks Joy. Pigeon Forge is a lovely area.

Kath said...

hello Carol, thanks for stopping by my Blog, I thought I would come visit with you. My husband and I were married at Gretna green, one Christmas, so Scotland has a place in our hearts.Nice to meet you! Kath in England