Monday, July 9, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Welcome to President Hall!


Hello everyone!
 
This week we had the opportunity to meet our new missiona president, President Hall, and his family. They are really great! Super funny and really excited to be here. He is already starting to change a few things but I know that it is all for the best and it will help our mission be more successful. Some missionaries are not super excited about the rules that he is being stricter on but it will just test us on how willing we are to be odedient and show our loyalty to the Lord and our mission president.
 
We had the unfortunate experience this week of our investigator, Alma, moving without us being able to say goodbye. We had sister exchanges on Tuesday and so Hermana Quick and I went to visit her at our normal time of 4:30 and her house was a wreck. She told us that she was moving and when I asked her when she said Friday. So I thought "oh good, Hermana Fish will get to say goodbye." Well we go over on Thursday at our normal time, expecting to see her, and she had already gone. Hermana Fish was soooo sad because she had been working with Alma for almost 6 months. We're sad that we didn't get to say goodbye to her but we understand why she had to leave so quickly. I know that I would want to move quickly too if a gang tried to break into my home. I really, really hope that we can get in contact with her to help her find the missionaries again. Fingers crossed!
 
Hermana Fish and I are also in charge of the Young Single Adult branch as well as the family ward. We had a blessing this week happen in that we got a new Branch president. We are so excited about this because there is FINALLY support from the leadership to have people attend the branch. We are really excited to be able to help the branch grow in size and return to what it once was.
 
My journey through reading the Old Testament in spanish continues. I am know reading all about the story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. Talk about sibling rivalry :) I really love reading the stories I grew up hearing in church and at home but I also like reading the things that happen in between the famous stories. You really get an understanding of how these people got to be who they were.
 
Love you all bunches,
 
Hermana Hansen  

No comments: