Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mixing ingredients

Well I can tell I'm not an author. John got an extension on his book because it was not done and then there was some minor issues about payments etc. We had fun watching some of the book projects in action, in particular the robot doing a drawing :)

The kids have been on a baking kick this past week and have been coming up with some good stuff. We nicknamed Kris' chocolate cookie recipe "ice cream cookies" because they looked like textured balls of ice-cream when they were done. We put together a somewhat messy tortilla mixture last night but it tasted great. Our kitchen sinks have been full of baking dishes etc all week as we no sooner get everything cleaned up but something else was getting tried out. The only "disaster" was my crab salad, which usually turns out fine but for some reason did not work so well this time round.

Most of the clothing for the trek is now done. My eyes have been having issues for a while so I could only do a small amount each day. As is always the case, the day I went to the doctor the pressure lifted. I'm on antibiotics for a couple of different things. Once everything clears up we are going to track my migraines again and see if my medicine needs changed.

We've been having a lot of fun looking at different places to go on our trip to Britain. We now have Wales worked out and are really looking forward to going there. Looks like we may be in Scotland the same time as our cousins from New Zealand.

At church the ladies are doing "Higher University". It's entirely optional but we had a meeting about it all today to sign off goals for those that needed it. I'm the Social Studies dean :) It also looks like I'm a whole lot further along with this activity than I realised. Just have to do some more theology and I'll be finished. It helps having kids working on a lot of the same things with the youth program.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Sounds like you had fun with your baking. Have fun on your trip to England.
Micki