Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hermana Juliet Hansen - Sometimes we hit a wall ...


Hi everyone,
 
Here's the link for the most recent mormon message. I love it so I thought I would share...
 
 
This week was hard, specifically Friday, because it was the day that we got all of our appointments cancelled. We were told we couldn't visit the 2 investigators with baptismal dates anymore, and a less active asked to have her records removed from the church. It wasn't super fun but even though it was hard we still had a good experience. That night we were knocking doors and we prayed saying, "we're going to knock doors and put forth all of our effort, please bless us with a lesson." And he did, it was a tender mercy of the Lord. I had been so crushed by everything that had happened that day but going out and working and having the Lord answer our prayers lifted my spirits so much.

I've found that every day I really look forward to companionship study. I learn so much from those hours. One day this week Hermana Whetten shared with me a quote from President Hinckley that I loved. I wish I had it on me to write it out in full but the gist was that God's chosen sons are going to be sent to the world at this time and that through missions God is preparing those that will be their mothers. One of the big reasons why I'm on my mission is because I know that it will help me become the mother that my future children need. I've already changed so much on my mission and I know that there is so much more for me to learn. Yet everything is helping me to prepare to be that mother in Isreal. As I overcome my weaknesses and put my trust and faith in Jesus Christ, my testimony grows and I learn just how much the Lord knows me and what I need. I couldn't be more grateful to know that I am on my mission at this time and in this place for a reason. God truly knows me better than I know myself and I am richly blessed for that.

When it's hard on the mission I remind myself of the quote from Elder Holland in his talk "Missionary Work and the Atonement". He said, "missionary work is not easy because salvation was not meant to be a cheap experience." We all have to struggle as missionaries. We want our investigators to be truly converted to the Gospel and so that means we have to get down in the dirt with them and go through hard times. That's even true for ourselves. As we are on our missions we are working out our own personal salvation as we come to know Christ better and become more converted ourselves. If the mission was easy that change wouldn't happen. Life in general wasn't meant to be easy. We have to have trials and go through hard times. 
 
Life is hard but salvation makes it worth it.
 
I love you all and pray for you.
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments: